What makes Keywordtool.io such a useful tool?
Keywordtool.io offers great value for keyword researchers due to the following realities of today’s SEO landscape.
1. Google’s Keyword Planner Google’s tools were never easy to use..
Google gives you useful suggestions at the end of each search result. Keyword Planner, however, has never included these related phrases.
2. Google started hiding search volume through Keyword Planner starting in 2016. Without Google Adwords, you’ll need another way to search for volume.
3. Google makes connections between related keywords.
Google will return the same results if you search “inbound Marketing Agency” and “inbound Marketing Firm” in general. Google knows that these terms basically mean the same thing. Google knows that ranking for one keyword gives you a greater chance of ranking on related terms.
4. Long-tail keywords are expected to continue to gain in importance.
It is becoming harder to rank high for a top term within your industry. So you need to find alternatives–long-tail keywords–that are generally less competitive and usually attract better people to your site.
ResultAll these factors together make it imperative to search keywords.
- Understanding the challenges and buyers of your company is key.
- The ability to do thorough research (not surface-level).
- You need to understand what your site is capable ranking for.
- The ability of finding related keyword phrases.
Keywordtool.io is a tool that can help you achieve all these goals.
Review of Keywordtool.io, My Favorite Organic Research Tool
Keywordtool.io: $89 per monthly for Pro basic It allows us to have one user, which is a problem. We use it for SEO purposes and to help our clients.
1. The “Find Keywords” Tool
If you type in a broad term, you will get all the Google Suggest results and autocomplete phrases.
You also have access:
- Ideas that are commonly searched in YouTube or Amazon. (although I prefer Google).
- Filters like language and location as well as Google country domain (Google.com vs. Google.co.uk).
For example, content must be relevant to your industry. This tool will assist you in going from “Hey let’s blog about cyber security” to “Let us write one about financial services cybersecurity requirements and another on cybersecurity incident response.” This is essential for your website’s ability to rank high for key keywords, and to attract the right people.
2. The “Analyze Competitors” tool
This allows users to search a specific site for keywords that are found on its pages.
This one doesn’t seem to be that useful. The terms you get are not high-quality and long-tail keywords. Keywordtool.io was fair. I’ve never seen a tool that performs this kind of competitor site searching. Perhaps it is the way the information has been structured or if I’m missing an excellent tool for competitor research. Please let me know if this is true in the comments.
HubSpot has to have “retweet,” I’m sure, but it’s not an SEO keyword that the company cares about or ranks for.
You will need to do some extensive sorting if you wish to make use of this tool.
3. The “Check Search Volume” tool
This allows for you to calculate search volume, competition and a master list keywords.
When doing keyword research, I use a variety of sources to get ideas.
- Keywordtool.io “Find Keywords”, tool
- Keyword Planner
- You can suggest
- Similar terms
I keep a track of all the key phrases I use in my research. When I’m ready, I’ll add that list to this tool to obtain consistent data and to remove ideas that don’t have high search volume.
More information about other tools here.